Thursday, 7 January 2010

Richard's Winter Warmer

One with no pictures or video, but a high recommendation for cold winter days. Just a vegetable soup based on a spicy vegetable soup from the BBC Good Food Guide, as ever. I had 1kg of carrots and parsnips and some green lentils, so thought soup! I peeled and coarse grated the carrots and parsnips, it was three good sized of each. Also roughly chopped four hot red chillies. Put the lot into my big pan with a good dollop of olive oil, that was already hot. Stirred for a little while, and added 140g of green lentils. Then 1l of vegetable stock, made using two cubes, and about two or three tablespoons of cumin. Brought to the boil and left to simmer for about 30 minutes. Then used my blender, one of those wand jobbies to create a smooth and very hot soup. I put half in a flask for work and ate the rest for tea on a very cold night. Would have done for about 3 or four people with ease.

No comments:

Post a Comment